Hike along forest trails. Sign up for a yoga class. Take the grandkids for a pony ride. Picnic at an outdoor concert. Our campus brims with opportunities that make each day more fulfilling.
Freedom to enjoy what you love.
Whether you choose an activity from the robust community calendar or do something on your own, there are plenty of ways to get to know your neighbors and stay as busy or relaxed as you like. If you’re interested in a subject or a particular pastime but don’t see it on our calendar, let us know! Residents take an active role in our community, initiating and leading classes, clubs and committees.
There’s more to explore.
The Village at Gleannloch Farms is located on a former horse breeding farm owned by the Marshalls, a well-known Texas family. They had a great passion for exceptional horses, importing Arabian mares and stallions directly from the Middle East. This beautiful property was featured in movies and hosted past presidents, movie stars and celebrities who had horses bred and raised here. Many of the original white wood-clad stables and barns still stand and are in use today, open to the public and offering lessons to both new and experienced riders.
Our campus is part of this premier master-planned neighborhood which is well appointed with parks, playgrounds, churches, golf courses and recreation spots. Yet our serene countryside location is just a short hop to Greater Houston, near the Grand Parkway and south of The Woodlands. Our residents enjoy regular community outings to neighborhood shops, dining and entertainment, and easy access to stunning nature preserves, world-class sports and cultural attractions.
- Group fitness, including yoga and Tai Chi
- Personal training classes
- Lifelong learning, including lectures and technology classes
- Arts and crafts instruction
- Bridge club and bingo games
- Community flower and vegetable garden
- Happy Hours, music nights and themed dinner parties
- Outings to local attractions
- 45+ interest groups, including energizing volunteer opportunities
Try them out:
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Outdoor heated saltwater pool
- Arts and crafts studio
- Beautifully designed walking paths
- Game room
- Ice cream parlor
- Nine-hole putting green
More to explore nearby:
- Downtown Houston
- The Woodlands Waterway and Vintage Park with high-end shops, a spa, fine dining, and music/event venues
- Old Town Spring with over 150 shopping and dining destinations, city activities, and community festivals
- Locally owned boutiques, cafés, restaurants and breweries
- Farmers markets and vineyards
- Spring Creek Greenway, our nation’s largest forested greenway
- Mercer Arboretum and Botanic Gardens
- Ponderosa Walking Park, Timberline Hike and Bike Trail
- State-of-the-art health care at Houston Methodist Hospital
- Academy for Lifelong Learning (50+) at Lone Star College
- Gleannloch Pines Golf Club, Longwood Golf Club, Cypresswood Golf Club
- Cultural attractions, including symphony, art and music events
- Museums, art galleries and family-friendly venues, including The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for outdoor summer concerts
- Gleannloch Farms Bark Park